This thing isn’t a TV; it’s a display! It costs more than a smart TV, but it also doesn’t spy on you, so that’s nice.
Thanks to Sharp NEC Display Solutions of America for sending the display, speakers, stand, and Compute Module kit used in this video.
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/geerlingguy
Sponsor me on GitHub: https://github.com/sponsors/geerlingguy
2nd Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/GeerlingEngineering
Mentioned in this video:
– NEC UHD Professional Display M551: https://www.sharpnecdisplays.us/products/displays/m551
– MPI4E Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 addon: https://www.sharpnecdisplays.us/products/accessories/mpi4e
– Intel Smart Display Module: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/products-and-solutions/solutions/smart-display-module/overview.html
– Crab Rave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM
– What Does the Fox Say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
– Lincoln-Binns Compute Module 4 Enclosures: https://lincolnbinns.com/shop/internet-of-things-iot/compute-module-4-enclosures.html
00:00 – Not a TV
01:22 – Everywhere but GameStop
02:20 – Raspberry Pi Inside
03:11 – MediaPlayer on the Pi
05:04 – RetroPie
05:32 – LibreELEC / Kodi
06:03 – Native Linux on a TV?
06:23 – Why so expensive?
07:27 – Gaming?
08:22 – Alternatives